MEET THE ROAD TRIPPERS
There have been road trips as long as there have been roads. The newest iteration is the electric road trip, made possible by the Tesla Supercharger Network. This site is dedicated to those who seek to take to the open road as explorers in zero-emission vehicles.
The father and son team is taking to the road in the Summer of 2018.
ABOUT THE SITE
Road tripping is an essential part the American experience—whether you drive, cycle, walk, hitchhike, or ride the rails, it is important to get off the freeways and visit small towns, stay at local beds & breakfasts, sit down at community tables and break bread with people you would not ordinarily get to meet, be they locals or fellow travelers.
I am a lifelong lover of road trips, nature and wilderness and a passionate advocate for clean energy and sustainability. These pursuits do not have to be at odds now that there is electric motoring and thus electric road tripping. Now we can do road trips without negatively impacting our climate system.
The purpose of this trip is multifold:
- father-son bonding trip
- support and promote the Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI)
- promote Arizona State University’s (ASU) School of Sustainability (where I am President of the school’s alumni chapter), ASU’s Center for Science and the Imagination, and ASU’s National Sustainability Teachers’ Academy
- to educate travelers about carbon neutral or even net positive road tripping;
- to demonstrate to those on the fence about buying an electric car that “range anxiety” is state of mind and not a real concern;
- to act as a resource for electric road trip planners; and
- to support and promote the businesses that make electric road tripping possible.
In so doing, we will hold events promoting our beneficiaries; meetups with electric vehicle groups, other Tesla owners and related sustainability enthusiasts across the route; post data, stories, and photographs on various social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) and on this site, and conduct podcasts and interviews throughout the route.